Thursday, March 18, 2010

Okay. A really late post while waiting for my korean show to start & I secretly know I'm going to die at work tomorrow.

Suddenly I feel so detached from the world. its like work, home, sleep, work, home, sleep. Gosh. And I'm thoroughly bushed at the end of each day.

And just wanted to rant about some inner angst about the impression people have of temp staff. Especially for students who work temp jobs. My god. The amount of judgement you receive when people know you're a student. stupid customers. maybe like what alex said, no one else will ever understand the shit you go through. I mean, just cos we're temp/students doesn't mean we suck. Hello, i believe my colleagues and i give better service than a lot of the permanent staff out there. And the worst thing is, just because you're lucky/insensible enough to deny yourself a taste of what regular adults go through, while signing up for internships/slack at home while your family supports you, doesnt make you better than the others. Hate it when people use their better financial status to judge others. Its going through full-time of such things that i realized why working experience is so impt. So those rich kids out there can continue deluding themselves that their purchased internship/education will secure them a good life.

Okay, inner angst released. Now I'm a happier person. Honestly, thank goodness i took up this job. Sucky I know. But the stuff I've learnt is so much more. Most importantly, I figured, the most important thing a person can do is to be human first, and customer second. I guess everyone is so caught up trying to be an effective customer that they all forgot they're human.

And thank goodness for this job. Colleagues ended up being pretty great friends you know you can hang on to for the rest of your life. I swear, communal countdown to lunchbreak/end of work is probably the best bonding activity ever. Apart from bitching about horrible work experiences.

Work aside, my god, i do miss shopping with sandy/esti/sweej. and i do miss prata with josh/drew. tsk. see, army + work = end of social life. no wonder adults hate their lives. OKAY. i need to sms to arrange prata/shopping trips. and someone please remind me to apply for uni. i might actually forget.

And OMG. I just typed this whole post in under 5minutes. like, type, rephrase, edit, rephrase, retype and blah. haha, my god, i actually type super fast now (not to mention major typo errors all over)

Okay, gonna go sleep, i give up waiting for my show, goodness me gracious. Gonna zonk out and die now, so nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment